I finished my Kharadron overlord army

 I finished my Kharadron army yesterday, so this week's blog is going to be a picture heavy army showcase for them.

Here's the whole force. I have around 3000 points I think, which gives me quite a few list options to play with. It's a weird time to have finished this army: I'm not able to play games at the moment due to local covid-19 restrictions, and it seems pretty likely that Kharadron will see some points increases if there is a winter FAQ this year, so the army could be in quite a different place by the time I'm able to get it on the table. But I'm looking forward to when I'll eventually be able to get some games in with them, regardless.

A Kharadron Overlords army in a blue and silver colour scheme. There are 5 ships at the back, a row of dwarves floating on balloons in front of them, and some dwarves on foot at the front.

I started off painting just a few units to go alongside my Tempest's Eye force, and then decided to expand it when the Aether Wars box came out in early 2020. 

Here are all the foot troops. The arkanaut company were probably my favourite models in the army to paint, they're a lovely kit, and I think my colour scheme works better on them that it does on the thunderers.

A block of Kkaradron Overlords foot troops, painted in a blue and silver colour scheme. There are fifteen Grundstok Thunderers, who are in heavy armour with big guns, and thirty Arkanaut Company, who are lightly armoured with pistols and swords.

My balloon boys are mainly endrinriggers, but I did one squad of sky wardens for some variety. They all have a callsign written in runes on their balloon.

A group of Kharadron overlords endrinriggers and skywardens, which are dwarves floating from balloons, in a blue and silver colour scheme.

I have five boats: an Ironclad, two frigates, and two gunhaulers. I'd ideally like a third frigate for list building purposes, but I have plenty of toys to play with here so think I will make do with what I have for now. One of the frigates doubles as a celestial hurricanum for my Tempest's Eye army: I converted it so that the top of the front endrin can be removed and replaced with the hurricanum orrery thing.

Five Kharadron Overlord airships, painted in a blue, silver and brass colour scheme.

Finally here are my heroes, along with the inevitable warp lightning vortex. This will probably be my main competitive matched play army for 2021, and I'd like to go to some tournaments assuming there are any, so the warp lightning vortex is mainly with that in mind. My navigator has a fancy name plate because I got them for my Tempest's Eye force, at some point I might get them for the rest of the heroes too.

A group of Kharadron overlords heroes painted in a blue and silver colour scheme standing in front of a warp lightning vortex model.

I've really enjoyed painting this army, and it's great to have them finished. Now I need to decide on a new army project! 

Comments